Author: Don BraunsteinDate: 2022-11-06
DinnerPastaSide dishMain course
Baked mac and cheese with oat milk is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is made with gently seasoned macaroni and cheese, creamy and cheesy oat milk sauce, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley. It is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal, or as a special occasion dish.
You can make your own oat milk with 2 ingredients, or use a store bought oat milk (just make sure it's unsweetened). Mac And Cheese With Oat Milk is the healthy way to mac and cheese and with the delicious cashew cream sauce, this dish is heavenly.
Oat Milk Mac and Cheese (GF)
This mac and cheese made with oat milk is creamy, rich, and can be made gluten-free. Everyone will love this great recipe that uses oat milk. Serve with a side salad and dig in for a great lunch or dinner. You can make oat milk at home with just two ingredients, or you can buy it at the store (just make sure it's not sweetened).
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
Number of ingredients: 10
- 1 lb macaroni (use gluten free if you avoid wheat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- 2 cups unsweetened oat milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (*or see below Recipe Notes for my vegan cheese sauce recipe)
- 8 ounces Velveeta (or other melty cheese)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Calories: 298 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 35 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg
- Sodium: 572 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
How to cook:
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil, and then cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain the macaroni and set it aside.
- Over low heat, warm the olive oil, mustard powder, salt, pepper, and oat milk in a large pot. Cook the oat milk until it just starts to bubble, then turn it down to a simmer.
- Mix the cheeses into the oat milk until they are all melted. Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce, give it a taste, and if you need to, add salt and pepper.
Notes: Dairy Free Mac and Cheese, I used unsweetened soy milk to make my mac and cheese but you can use any kind of rich and creamy plant milk you like. Oat, cashew, coconut
Does oat milk work in mac and cheese?
Here's my take on the traditional macaroni and cheese but made with oat milk, which is excellent for anyone lactose intolerant. I have included cheddar and parmesan as they are low in lactose for people following a FODMAP diet. I still love the real cheese flavour.
Can I use oat milk instead of milk in mac and cheese?
We recommend using unsweetened oat milk if you're wanting it for a milk substitute in mac and cheese. Using flavors alters the mac and cheese flavor too much. A 1:1 ratio works fine for this substitute.
Can cheese be made from oat milk?
But you can't find oat milk-based cheeses yet, at least not in American supermarkets. Oatly, the original oat milk brand, sells a cream cheese-like "oat spread" in Scandinavian countries, but hasn't seen fit to launch it elsewhere yet.
vegan baked mac n cheeseoat milk mac and cheesebaked mac and cheese with oat milk
How to Make Mac and Cheese with oat milk
Delicious mac and cheese with oat milk is a take on the traditional macaroni and cheese. IDuration: 4:58
Creamy, vegan oat milk mac and cheese
This dairy free mac and cheese is a lightened up version of the classic dish, and it's just as
Vegan Baked Mac N Cheese
Mac 'n' cheese is the best side dish, the best comfort food, and the dish that brings the most people to a cookout. This vegan mac 'n' cheese is made without dairy milk and is safe for people with dairy allergies.
Total time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 1
- ["12oz elbow macaroni", "3 cups Willa’s Unsweetened Original Oat Milk", "½ cup nutritional yeast", "2 tbsp cornstarch", "1 tsp salt", "1 tsp garlic powder", "½ tsp turmeric powder (optional for color)", "3 tbsp water", "5 tbsp vegan butter", "1 cup breadcrumbs", "½ tsp garlic salt", "½ cup vegan cheese (optional)"]
How to cook:
- ["Boil pasta and set aside"] "Add oat milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, salt, garlic powder, and turmeric to a saucepan and stir" "Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat" "Let boil for 3 minutes, stirring every so often" "Turn off heat and stir in 3 tbsp water" "Add cooked pasta and mix until combined" "Pour mac 'n' cheese mixture into a greased baking dish." "Melt vegan butter in a bowl and mix in breadcrumbs and garlic salt." "Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on top of mac 'n' cheese." "Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top." "Sprinkle vegan cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes or until melted."
Notes: Can You Make Mac and Cheese Without Milk? 27 BEST Substitutes, The best non-dairy milk substitutes for mac and cheese include: plain oat milk, soy milk, non-dairy cream or whipping cream, cashew milk,
Mac And Cheese With Oat Milk
Mac and cheese made with oat milk is a healthier version, and the cashew cream sauce makes this dish taste like heaven.
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 0 servings
Number of ingredients: 18
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni or macaroni of choice
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- nutritional yeast flakes to sprinkle over top
- cooking spray for the foil baking pan
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup raw
- unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon white onion
- fine sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot powder.
- Calories: 242 calories
How to cook:
- Follow the directions on the box to cook the macaroni, then rinse it under cold water and set it aside. To make the sauce, put everything but the arrowroot powder into a blender except for the cashews. For the best results, make sure to use filtered water instead of tap water. Blend for about 2 minutes, or until everything is smooth. Next, add more or less garlic, depending on your taste. I like to use three cloves, but if you're not used to it, start with one or two. Pour the contents of the blender into a medium-sized bowl, and then slowly add the arrowroot powder while whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth. For now, put away.
- Set the oven to 350F or 180C. In a medium-sized pot, heat mac and cheese with oat milk over medium heat while stirring all the time. Once it starts to boil, take it off the heat, add the macaroni noodles, and stir until everything is mixed together. During this time, the sauce will thicken. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well, and then pour the mixture into a baking pan lined with foil or a silicone mold of your choice. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F/180C with nutritional yeast flakes on top. Take the mac and cheese with oat milk out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. If you have leftovers, you can reheat them whenever you want, but be careful not to burn yourself. Oat milk in mac and cheese
Notes: Vegan Baked Mac And Cheese in 35 minutes, Start with a simple vegan roux (a mixture of vegan butter, plant based milk and plain flour). Add in some vegan cheese, nooch and turmeric. Then
Vegan Mac and Cheese
This is the best recipe for vegan mac and cheese that doesn't use gluten, dairy, or nuts. For a quick and easy meal, pour this cheese sauce over any kind of pasta.
Total time: 13 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 8 oz macaroni pasta (uncooked) (or any other small-sized pasta (Use gluten-free if desired).)
- 2 cups vegan milk (like soy milk or any other plain plant-based milk you choose)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour (or use corn or potato starch instead))
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (or potato starch)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ((optional))
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric ((optional))
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter (or vegan margarine (melted))
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs ((Gluten-Free or regular))
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 332 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 51 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 689 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 4 g
How to cook:
- Stove-top vegan mac and cheese
- Boil your choice of pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain, rinse and set aside. (If you are making baked mac and cheese, cook it until it is firm to the bite.)
- Put everything for the cheese sauce into a saucepan. (2 cups plant-based milk, 1/3 cup nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon tapioca starch, 1 tablespoon corn starch, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric).
- Stir the cold mixture with a whisk.
- Set the heat to medium-low and stir it often until it starts to boil. Then keep stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Combine the pasta that has been drained and the vegan cheese sauce.
- Mix it up well and serve it hot.
- Vegan mac and cheese that is baked
- Set oven temperature to 350°F (177°C).
- Follow the steps above, then add another 1/4 cup of water to the mac and cheese on the stove. (to make up for the water that evaporates in the oven).
- Pour the mac and cheese into a casserole dish that has been lightly greased.
- In a small bowl, melt 3 tsp of vegan butter. Mix well as you add the breadcrumbs and garlic salt to the melted butter.
- You can put a mixture of panko breadcrumbs or just shredded vegan cheese on top.
- Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 20 minutes, or until it starts to bubble and the breadcrumbs turn a little bit golden.
Notes: Oat Milk Mac and Cheese Recipe (Gluten Free, How Do I Make This Gluten Free Mac and Cheese with Oat Milk? · Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package
Read more:Pull apart pizza bread with ranch crust
Related recipes :
Write a comment: